jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New from Template silently overwrites files
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 13:58:38 GMT

Le 09/07/2013 13:20, sebb a ecrit :
> On 9 July 2013 13:01, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> +1, I would be better to make like "merge" (or use the merge functionalty)
>>> to open the template.
>>>
>> Yes - would need to clear any existing plan first though.
>>
> Just occurs to me that one might want to use templates for partial test plans?

Yes, I think it's natural to use the template as partial test plans
(like "add my favorite listener")

> If so, then it would be useful not to clear the existing plan first.

Yes. Perhaps a checkbox "Replace (and remove) current test plan" or
"Merge with current test plans".

> Maybe the templates.xml file could include a flag to say whether the
> template was a complete test plan or just a snippet?
> That would allow the dialog box to easily distinguish the two types.

+1

> The Menu item would need to be changed to "Templates..."

Philippe has already do this for french translation ("Modèles..." not
"Nouveau depuis modèles")
I agree "Templates..." seems better.