jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: jmeter.properties cleanup
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 22:03:49 GMT
Bad post, should have gone here

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Philippe Mouawad*
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Subject: jmeter.properties cleanup
To: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>

Hello,

jmeter.properties has grown with a lot of properties that maybe are not
that useful.
I find it a good thing that lot of things are configurable in JMeter but
maybe it's too much and one of the issues is users may not find the really
useful ones (recently for example with https.socket.protocols).

I propose to remove the following:

   - jmeter.loggerpanel.display=false => It's so easy to just click it
   - jmeter.errorscounter.display=true => Why would someone not want this
   feature ?
   - jmeter.toolbar.display=true => Why would someone not want this cool
   feature ?
   - jmeter.toolbar => Will users really want to reorganize these icons ?
   - jmeter.toolbar.icons => Same as before
   - onload.expandtree => Current default behaviour seems fine no ?
   - jmeter.save.saveservice.autoflush => After some further thinking, why
   would users not need this one ? If JMeter crashes and some data is lost ,
   then there are big chances that the test was not that fine before the crash.

I have doubts about those ones:

# Netscape HTTP Cookie file
cookies=cookies => What does it do ?

We could try to remove them and if users want them, we would have some
bugzilla request to get them back.
--
Regards
Philippe