jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding bugs 54482, 54293, 54142
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:11:43 GMT
On 11 April 2013 22:15, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder what's the best option to fix these 3 bugs:
>
>    - 54482- HC fails to follow redirects with non-encoded chars

Is that a bug in HC?

>    - 54293- JMeter rejects html tags '&lt;' in query params as invalid when
>    they are accepted by the browser

I think that is a bug in IE; the other browsers all encode < and >

>    - 54142- HTTP Proxy Server throws an exception when path contains "|"
>    character

Is it not possible to catch the Exception, and then try the decode-encode
proposed method?

Alternatively, if it is only | that causes the problem, maybe that alone
could be fixed.

In both cases, a warning should be logged.

Should we add a checkbox saying URL is sanitized or not as in fact: