jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding bugs 54482, 54293, 54142
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 14:13:27 GMT
On 12 April 2013 22:10, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 12 April 2013 21:17, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > No I don't think so. All is due to non clean URLs and sanitize method
> > > fixes these.
> > >

> > What sanitize method?
> >
> > org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.util.ConversionUtils#sanitizeUrl

This can only work if the input URL is completely unencoded.
Otherwise any % chars will get converted, breaking the URL.

One possibility would be to check for % in the URL, and only sanitise if
not present.
The other possibility might be to just convert unsafe chars (other than %
of course).
Depends on how broken the redirect URLs are.

> > invalid

> > > Same as before
> > >

> > Again, what method?
> >
>  org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.util.ConversionUtils#sanitizeUrl

As this is a browser bug, it only affects Proxy recordings and badly
written test plans.

It should be safe enough to fix the Proxy Server to encode this.

> contains
> > > "|"

> > decode-encode
> > > >

> > > I also thought about this method, but it will badly impact performances
> > due
> > > to Exception throwing / Catching, don't you think ?
> > >

> > What does it matter if the ProxyServer is a bit slower?
> >
> > It's not used in performance tests.
> >
> > Misread your proposition. I thought you were proposing that in
> HttpHC3Impl#sample (as reverted code was there).
> Agree with this

OK.

For the Proxy Recorder we can perhaps have a list of characters that are
known to be unencoded in some browsers.
Can either unconditionally convert such characters, or only do so if the
URI creation fails.
I think the latter is probably better, as potentially some new HTTP
implementation might pass the chars through.