jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Pranav Bhole <pranavbh...@gmail.com>
Subject The Implementation of Content Formatting Language for JMS in Jmeter
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 02:37:17 GMT
Hello to all,
        This is Pranav Bhole, I am Master student at The University of
Texas at Dallas. I haven been using Jmeter extensively as core since 5-6
years in my academic and professional work. I worked for IBM in the
Middleware Domain. Recently an idea came up in my mind with concern of the
following things:

A. Jmeter sends the Bulk of Garbage message (of given size) in the given
Queue. Internally, in the middleware application , this Queue is mostly
linked with the Middleware Services which pick up the message and process
it with the business logic.
B. In the above case, if we wish to have performance harness test of the
middleware application using Jmeter. Jmeter will simply push the Bulk
Garbage message in the queue , this message will be straightforwardly
rejected by the Service because it wont me matching with  given input
format of the service.

With concern of the scenarios of A and B, I have an idea of implementing
the Content Formatting Language for message contents. This language will
send the formatted message in the Queue and which will be processed by the
service which pick up the message from the queue. In this way we could be
able to push the meaning full messages in the Queue and eventually will be
able to analyze the performance harness of the entire Middleware
Application.

As I am graduate student, I wish to implement this module as student of
Google Summer of Code 2013.
I am pretty excited about the reviews of the Jmeter's developers community
on this idea.
And off-course this is impossible without Jmeter Dev's prestigious
guidance. I request to Jmeter's mentor to guide me about this.
If you have any idea already running in your mind related to this then I
would love to hear that.

Thank you

--
Pranav Bhole
Student of MS in Computer Science for Fall 2012,