jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.9 RC3
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:00:10 GMT
On 28.01.2013 02:51, sebb wrote:
> On 27 January 2013 22:13, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>> To do this, I suppose, I must change the svnmucc script (updatesite.txt)?
>> ====
>> rm
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>>
>> cp
>> HEAD
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/branches/docs-2.9/docs
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>> ====
>>
>> by
>> ====
>> rm
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>>
>> cp
>> HEAD
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/trunk/docs
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>> ====
>>

> No, we don't copy site from trunk
>
> Normally bugs are found in the docs some while after release, by which
> time trunk docs has moved on, possibly incompatibly.
>
> So the idea was that branches/docs-m.n/docs should be copied from
> trunk at release, and then changes for the website get made to the
> branches copy (and to trunk if appropriate).

Just in case it wasn't clear: the site in svn is just an svn tree as
everything else. AFAIK svnmucc is only used to populate it from the
branch docs in a simple way.

So if there is a need to adjust specific site pages, you could also
check out the site, edit the page and commit.

If you want to keep the site consistent with the branch - which is a
good idea - then you can either edit the branch, commit it and then
merge to site or instead of merge like above "rm" and "cp" the branch to
site.

At least that's what I got out of the above recipe.

Regards,

Rainer