jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support of websocket ?
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 15:43:24 GMT
On Sun, 2013-01-06 at 15:20 +0100, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Thanks Oleg, did you have the opportunity to play with it ?

I used their CometD transport and was quite happy with it.

> According to this:
> - http://webtide.intalio.com/2012/10/jetty-9-updated-websocket-api/
>
> => Requires Java 7, although I think this should not be a blocker as Java 6
> will be in EOL within a couple of months.
> Only supporting WebSocket version 13 (RFC-6455) , from to what I
> understand, this should be fine as it seems it's the last version ?
> What is fine is that it should support JSR-356

But as far as I understand that applies to Jetty 9 only, which is still
at an early stage of development.

> Anyway, there seems to be a lot of projects:
>
>    -
>    http://java.net/projects/websocket-spec/lists/users/archive/2012-04/message/2
>

> AHC seems to provide some portability and can use netty (which has a good
> reputation) as underlying impl:
>
>    -
>    http://jfarcand.wordpress.com/2012/05/28/writing-portable-websockets-application-using-java/
>    - http://sonatype.github.com/async-http-client/providers.html

My _personal_ opinion of AHC as an HTTP client is quite low. Maybe it is
OK as a WebSockets client, though. My advice would still be to go with
Jetty 8.

Oleg