jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support of websocket ?
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 13:39:51 GMT
On Sun, 2013-01-06 at 14:24 +0100, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Hello sebb,
>
> In their FAQ they say:
>
> *Q:* Can I use jWebSockets also for clients other than browsers?  *A:* Yes,
> the jWebSocket technology is not limited to browser clients. We will
> provide a Java WebSocket client soon.
> Also see:
>
>    -
>    http://technology.amis.nl/2012/01/15/stand-alone-java-client-for-jwebsocket-server-communicating-from-java-client-to-web-clients-and-vice-versa-over-websockets/
>

> There is an alternative with this one under Apache 2 license:
>
>    - http://sonatype.github.com/async-http-client/project-info.html

I personally think Jetty should have the best websocket implementation,
including client side, at this point. This is what I would advise going
with.

http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-7/apidocs/org/eclipse/jetty/websocket/WebSocketClient.html
http://webtide.intalio.com/2011/09/jetty-websocket-client-api-updated/

Oleg