jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance Agressive Mode
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 17:49:31 GMT
On 7 December 2012 17:15, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> What about implementing a kind of agressive mode for High Load Tests.
>
> It would be a Config Element that would change slightly JMeter behaviour:
>
>    - Nullify  previous SampleResult
>    - Nullify JMeterContext#previousSampler
>    - Clean response data as soon as sampling and post/processor ,
>    assertions have been done

I think that would stop the listeners from working.

> Other field of improvements would be to work on HashTree size and cloning.
>
> What are your thoughts ?

Unless the test plan includes a listener that saves copies of every
sample result, then at most two samples will be saved (current and
previous) per thread.

Is there really a problem with memory usage for high load tests -
unless the samples are huge?

The risk is that clearing the data will cause subtle test failures
which are very hard to debug.