jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jmx versioning
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 08:44:20 GMT
On 7 August 2012 09:20, Dimitris Balaouras <dbalaouras@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> When opening a jmx file that was created with a newer version of jmeter
> (e.g. 2.6) from an older version of jmeter (e.g. 2.3.4), an "error
> in test plan" is thrown; not a detailed error message but fair enough.
>
> I am wondering though, why is the version of jmeter that was used to create the jmx missing
from the file itself? Wouldn't be handy to have the JMeter version in an attribute inside
the jmeterTestPlan tag?

> example: <jmeterTestPlan version="1.2" properties="2.2" jmeter:version="2.5.1">

The JMeter version does not directly affect the jmx version.
The intention was to update the "version" field whenever changes were
made, but some changes were unfortunately not reflected in the version
attribute.

> Future versions of JMeter could use this attribute and external tools can parse jmx files
without the need of heuristics. In my case, a proxy  would be able to delegate the execution
of the jmx to the correct jMeter executable.

JMeter should be able to run test plans from previous versions, unless
the test plan is very old.

If you have some examples where this does not apply, please raise a
Bugzilla report.