jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Dimitris Balaouras <dbalaou...@gmail.com>
Subject jmx versioning
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 08:20:23 GMT
Hi there,

When opening a jmx file that was created with a newer version of jmeter
(e.g. 2.6) from an older version of jmeter (e.g. 2.3.4), an "error
in test plan" is thrown; not a detailed error message but fair enough.

I am wondering though, why is the version of jmeter that was used to create the jmx missing
from the file itself? Wouldn't be handy to have the JMeter version in an attribute inside
the jmeterTestPlan tag?

example: <jmeterTestPlan version="1.2" properties="2.2" jmeter:version="2.5.1">

Future versions of JMeter could use this attribute and external tools can parse jmx files
without the need of heuristics. In my case, a proxy  would be able to delegate the execution
of the jmx to the correct jMeter executable.

Thanks,
-Dimitris