jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OnDemand thread group
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 10:57:01 GMT
On 14 July 2012 09:18, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Sebb ,
> I saw 3 reasons which Led me to implementing it this way:
> - looking at use case of this feature it seems to me it's different from
> plan. For me typical usage of on demand Will be to put lot of threads and
> very few iterations , maybe only one

As far as I can tell, that does not require a separate test element.

> - code of thread group would have been too complex
> - currently thread group is not Much impacted and we can improve on demand
> Without risks on existing plans.

It may well have made updates somewhat simpler; depends on how the
combined thread group was implemented.

But is it worth the inconvenience to end users?
It's currently not at all easy to convert between the two styles of
thread group.

I think we need to look again at how the code could be rearranged; it
might be possible to have the best of both worlds.
Possibly using something like the approach used for the HTTP Sampler.
If we can keep the same test plan classes, we can add new
implementation classes if necessary without breaking test plans.