jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpCore 4.2: waiting release after 2.7 (and Commons IO 2.3)
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 22:10:03 GMT
On 13 May 2012 21:25, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I thinks that is better to wait the release after JMeter 2.7 to upgrade
> HttpComponents HttpCore to 4.2 (currently 4.1.4).
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201205.mbox/%3C1336239139.2137.34.camel%40ubuntu%3E

Not sure why you suggest waiting.
Though of course we need to check that it is suitable for use with the
current HttpClient release.

> On http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
> "new asynchronous client and server side protocol handlers", seems
> important for the Parallel Controller discussion.

I doubt we need to move to aynch. IO for that.
After all, we already support parallel requests in different threads.

> With Commons IO 2.3, Java 1.6 is needed.
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201204.mbox/%3CCACZkXPznzeiMdT%3DU%3DcLR16G2CKJJUiGzrt501rBREk3aZYxq6A%40mail.gmail.com%3E

We should only upgrade to IO 2.3 once we start needing 1.6 elsewhere,
rather than being forced to use 1.6 because of IO 2.3.
I don't think we make extensive use of Commons IO, so there is no
particular need to update it.

> After JMeter 2.7 release, I will start the Java 1.6 conversion
> (@override tags, System Tray Icon, etc.)

Yes.