jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.7 RC1
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 11:10:21 GMT
On 19 May 2012 18:11, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The first release candidate for JMeter 2.7 has been prepared, and your
> votes are solicited.
>
> This release brings some valuable improvements and fixes some bugs.
>
> If you can, some tests of this release candidate (load tests and/or
> functional tests) with Java 5/6/7 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS on changes are
> welcome.
>
> New and Noteworthy with some screenshots to illustrate improvements and
> list of changes:
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.7RC1/docs/changes.html
>
> JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
> behavior and  measure performance. The current version is targeted at
> Java 1.5+.
>
> Archives/hashes/sigs and RAT report:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.7RC1/dist/

Unfortunately there are some packaging errors.

The contents of the source zip file should exactly match the contents
of the tag when checked out on Windows (EOL=CRLF), likewise for the
tar and tag on Unix (EOL=LF)

However that is not the case for me on Windows.

The collapse.png and expand.png files in the extras directory are
corrupt in the zip archive.
This is likely because they are are not being treated as binary.

I can fix that in build.xml

Also, the file xdocs/overview.html is different in the tag (2.6) and
the source archive (2.7)
Dunno how that happened.

There are some EOL differences between the tag and the ZIP archive:

bin/testfiles
Bug50898.xml
HTMLParserTestFile_2.xml

This could either be incorrect EOL SVN settings on the files, or
incorrect processing in the build file or both.

I can hopefully fix that in build.xml/SVN

The source archives contain some test output files in bin/testfiles:
Sample_chart.png
Sample_Jine_Graph.png

These should not be there.
Not sure exactly why those were included in the source.

> MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:
>
> 8dab93abe521d5d6f5916880cc060993 *apache-jmeter-2.7.zip
> 7b74d8ae058521d33341878c6b4c2c8f *apache-jmeter-2.7_src.tgz
> c4509ebaa44c60fe1b31f644f070e4ef *apache-jmeter-2.7_src.zip
> 543a32cd6472c7ac7eb89f99a79c71cb *apache-jmeter-2.7.tgz
>
> Site Docs are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.7RC1/docs/
>
> Maven staging repo is accessible here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejmeter-103/org/apache/jmeter/
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/tags/v2_7_RC1 (r1340508)
>
> Keys are here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/dist/
> also
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/
>
> N.B.
> To download the dependencies: "ant download_jars"
>
> To create the jars and test JMeter: "ant package test".
>
> JMeter 2.7 requires Java 1.5 or later.
>
> Note that there is a bug in Java on some Linux systems that manifests
> itself as the following error when running the test cases or JMeter itself:
>
>  [java] WARNING: Couldn't flush user prefs:
>  java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException:
>  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not supported: indent-number
>
> This does not affect JMeter operation.
>

> All feedback (and votes!) welcome.
>
> [  ] +1  I support this release
> [  ] +0  I am OK with this release
> [  ] -0   OK, but....
> [X] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)

See above.

However, I suggest waiting a bit more before respinning the release,
in case there are any other issues that crop up.