jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpCore 4.2: waiting release after 2.7 (and Commons IO 2.3)
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 18:50:17 GMT

Le 15/05/2012 16:07, sebb a ecrit :
> On 14 May 2012 21:33, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Not sure why you suggest waiting.
>>> Though of course we need to check that it is suitable for use with the
>>> current HttpClient release.
>>>

>> Because, perhaps, a httpcore 4.2 update may introduce some hidden bug
>> just before the release. But you are right, the update can be made
>> before release with some checks. I can do this if your are ok.

>>> I doubt we need to move to aynch. IO for that.
>>> After all, we already support parallel requests in different threads.
>>>

>> Basic async request is used in HTTPSamplerBase for parallel download of
>> embedded resources.
>>
> Huh?
>
> AFAICT, we use the standard HTTPSampler sample() method in a separate thread.
>
> We don't use Asynch I/O.

Perhaps, I'm confused in my mind.
When I've developed the parallel download of embedded resources, I have
used java.util.concurrent.Future object, and the javadoc says "A Future
represents the result of an asynchronous computation".
I believes that the result it's a Async HTTPSampler in HTTPSamplerBase,
and a I/O (input/ouput) in my mind may be a network I/O.

Milamber