jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpCore 4.2: waiting release after 2.7 (and Commons IO 2.3)
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 20:33:52 GMT

Le 13/05/2012 23:10, sebb a ecrit :
> On 13 May 2012 21:25, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I thinks that is better to wait the release after JMeter 2.7 to upgrade
>> HttpComponents HttpCore to 4.2 (currently 4.1.4).
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201205.mbox/%3C1336239139.2137.34.camel%40ubuntu%3E
>>
> Not sure why you suggest waiting.
> Though of course we need to check that it is suitable for use with the
> current HttpClient release.

Because, perhaps, a httpcore 4.2 update may introduce some hidden bug
just before the release. But you are right, the update can be made
before release with some checks. I can do this if your are ok.

>> On http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>> "new asynchronous client and server side protocol handlers", seems
>> important for the Parallel Controller discussion.
>>
> I doubt we need to move to aynch. IO for that.
> After all, we already support parallel requests in different threads.

Basic async request is used in HTTPSamplerBase for parallel download of
embedded resources. Perhaps that is a opportunity to study the async
httpclient api for the parallel controller discussion (or embedded
resources)

Milamber