jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1233711 - in /jmeter/trunk: bin/saveservice.properties src/core/org/apache/jmeter/save/SaveService.java
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:53:55 GMT
On 20 January 2012 11:59, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 January 2012 11:43, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 20 January 2012 06:24, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In my underdstanding, entry should be deleted to avoir
>>> ClassNotFoundException (as currently tests are failing).
>>
>> If that were the case, then all the other missing entries would need
>> to be deleted too.
>
> The problem is due to running headless:

I was wrong, the problem was due to

2012/01/20 03:04:58 ERROR - jmeter.save.SaveService:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.java.control.gui.BSFSamplerGui

The headless error has already been allowed for.

> 2012/01/20 03:04:37 WARN  - jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter:
> java.awt.HeadlessException
> 2012/01/20 03:04:37 ERROR - jorphan.test.AllTests: error adding test :
>
> The tests work fine for me locally.
> Don't they work for you?

They were working for me because I had not cleaned my build area recently.

>>> In my understanding, if I provide and upgrade then I can remove entry.
>>
>> No.
>>
>>> Maybe this part should be documented in a WIKI page.
>>
>> It's already documented in the file itself that entries should not be removed.

If entries are removed from saveservice.properties then existing JMX
files that use the alias cannot be processed.
NameUpdater won't work because it is expecting the full name, not the alias.

I suppose it might work if deleted aliases were moved into
upgrade.properties, but the simplest (and cleanest?) is to ensure that
aliases are never dropped.

This means that the test itself is wrong.

It may still be useful to check for missing classes, e.g. if the class
is missing, is it in upgrade.properties?

I'll add a temporary fix while considering this.