jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1231777 - in /jmeter/trunk: src/core/org/apache/jmeter/resources/ src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/control/ src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/control/gui/ xdocs/
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:14:40 GMT
On 16 January 2012 21:50, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Sebb,
> My answers below.
> Regards
> Philippe
>
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 15 January 2012 22:27,  <pmouawad@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Author: pmouawad
>> > Date: Sun Jan 15 22:27:37 2012
>> > New Revision: 1231777

>> > Log:
>> > Bug 52471 - Improve Mirror Server performance by Using Pool of threads
>> instead of launching a Thread for each request
>>
>> Does this still work when launching the mirror server from the batch file?
>>
>> I think so, what makes you think it is not ?
> I ran Test cases and it works, what must I check ?
>

>> What happens if the max_pool_size is exceeded?
>>
>> Tasks will enqueue up to 25 , then DiscardOldestPolicy will apply (a
> little like Apache Server works)

Why 25? What is special about 25? Why is it not confgurable (at least
by property name)?

> And size of pool can be configured if you want to adapt it to number of
> Threads.

Yes, but you have to know in advance how many threads to create.
And in the case of the batch files, it's quite awkward if one needs to
configure the max thread count.
I quite often leave a mirror server running for use as needed.

I'm unclear on why the change was thought necessary.

I think the default for the batch scripts should be to allow unlimited
threads, as that was the case beforehand.
Possibly also for mirrors started by the GUI, although that is less important.
This could be done by checking for count <=0 and reverting to the old
behaviour in that case.

Also, if the change is kept, the manual needs updating.