jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.6 RC1
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:32:59 GMT
On 29 January 2012 10:36, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 29/01/2012 01:56, sebb a ecrit :
>>
>>> All feedback (and votes!) welcome.
>>>
>>> [  ] +1  I support this release
>>> [  ] +0  I am OK with this release
>>> [  ] -0   OK, but....
>>> [X] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)
>>>
>> Unfortunately some image files in the zip source file are corrupt -
>> they were not excluded from the EOL conversion.

This was done by comparing the zip and tar.gz archives.

>> I've fixed the build file - I think - but I need to do some more tests.
>>
>> There are also some files without the correct EOL endings; I'm fixing
>> these shortly.
>> Not actually a blocker, but might as well get them correct before creating RC2.
>>

> Please, tell me how to I can check is EOL is correct? (for next release)

I have a Perl script that checks SVN property settings, but just found
out that broke when I installed SVN 1.7.

I actually found these by building dist and comparing zip and tgz
contents, having converted EOLs in the tgz extract.
This showed that some files in the zip had EOL=LF whereas the tgz
version had been converted back to CRLF.
So my build workspace (which uses CRLF by default) obviously had the
wrong EOL setting for these files, i.e. they were not native.

I think you build on EOL=LF, so you would have to do the opposite,
i.e. convert the zip files back to LF and compare.

For completeness, compare both ways, i.e. zip against tgz+CRLF, tgz
against zip+LF.