jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Properties files in mavenised artifacts
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2012 11:42:29 GMT
On 21 January 2012 22:55, Mark Collin <mark@ardescosolutions.com> wrote:
> I've been hunting through the mavenised artifacts available at:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jmet
> er/
>

> However I cannot find the following in any package:
>

> saveservice.properties
>
> upgrade.properties
>
> system.properties
>
> jmeter.properties
>
> user.properties
>

> If I'm being blind please point me in the right direction, if I'm not being
> blind can we get these added to an artefact, or another artefact added that
> contains these.

You're right, those files are normally provided as part of the full
binary archive, which contains quite a few files in addition to the
jars.

Adding them to an existing jar may cause issues for non-Maven users,
so they need to be in a new artifact.
Possibly change parent to be a jar?

But having them in a jar would be a bit of a pain.
How do Maven applications manage configuration files normally?

> Mark Collin
>
> Managing Director
>
> Ardesco Solutions Ltd
>

>  <mailto:mili@ardescosolutions.com> mark@ardescosolutions.com
>

> Registered Office:
>
> The Coachhouse
>
> Greys Green Business Centre
>
> Henley-on-Thames
>
> Oxon
>
> RG9 4QG
>

> REGISTERED IN ENGLAND NO. 4837759
>

> --
> This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you
are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited.