jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Logger Panel
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:56:56 GMT
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 January 2012 17:52, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> every
> >>
> >> Start JMeter (Gui mode)
> >>
> >> Select Test Plan, then Workbench.
> >> No logger panel showing in either.
> >>
> >> Check Options/Logviewer
> >>
> >> Now both Workbench and Test Plan have the logger panel.
> >> Same applies to any other Gui screens.
> >>
> >> Yes it's intentional, because when I test a plan  I want the console
> view
> > to be always here. It's like the console in Eclipse.
> > It is in MainFrame.
> > I still not see what you would like to have.
>
> I think it looks wrong for every GUI to have a console panel at the bottom.
> Some GUIs are already very full, and adding the console view means the
> rest of the Gui will need to be scrolled.
>
> I don't have the same opinion, when you write a script, you usually have a
TreeView result and you click on failed sampler then look at response and
then look in the logs if there is an error.
As it is shown in Milamber screenshot.
Regarding the place taken, you always have the option to click on divider
at left to minimize window.

Finally, LoggerPanel is independant of GUIs in term of implementation .

> Either have a single panel, for example on the Workbench Gui - or even
> a new Gui - or have a floating panel that can be visible independently
> of the existing Guis.
>
> I must still say I don't see what you would like, maybe a screenshot on
the Bugzilla will help me understand.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.