jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Toolbar Polish
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:54:14 GMT
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 January 2012 16:36, Anthony Johnson <ansoni@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Milamber,
> >   I will debug the Search button issues and file a bug if they still
> occur
> > today(OSX 10.7.2/JDK 1.6.0_29)
> >
> > Since no work is occurring on this area, I will work on some of my
> > improvements and submit via patches.
> >
> > For the icons, I can't help(no graphic skills:-(, but they are the focal
> > point when the GUI is first launched and I don't think they give a good
> > first impression to the user.  Could we re-use icons from something like
> > the Open Icon Library?(http://sourceforge.net/projects/openiconlibrary/)
>
> Depends on the license for the particular icons.

I think the icons set "open_icon_library-CC" can be used for changes
toolbar icons.

http://openiconlibrary.sourceforge.net/LICENSES.html

"open_icon_library-CC		(Creative Commons and Public Domain only)
	List of licenses used in these packages:
		Creative Commons Attribution
		Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike
		Public Domain"

In :
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a
"Creative Commons Attribution (CC-A)"

and :
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#can_works_placed_in_the_public_domain_be_included_in_apache_products
"Works in the public domain (or covered by a license treated similarly)
may be included within Apache products. Attribution is required (in a
similar fashion to permissive licenses)."

Seb, can you confirm my reading?
I will try to use some icons from
open_icon_library-CC/icons/png/32x32/actions to improve toolbar icon

Milamber