jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.6 RC2
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:24:39 GMT
On 29.01.2012 17:36, Milamber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The second release candidate for JMeter 2.6 has been prepared, and your
> votes are solicited.
>
> This release brings some valuable improvements and fixes some bugs.
>
> If you can,  some tests of this release candidate (load tests and/or
> functional tests) with JVM 5/6/7 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS on changes are
> welcome.
>
> New and Noteworthy with some screenshots to illustrate improvements and
> list of changes:
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.6RC2/docs/changes.html
>
> JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
> behavior and measure performance. The current version is targeted at
> Java 1.5+.
>
> Archives/hashes/sigs and RAT report:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.6RC2/dist
>
> MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:
>
> 87c13f4e1b32b5ec5f2a77426d624b4d *apache-jmeter-2.6.tgz
> 21bf3f7a215b0cb450a3be828cdd9190 *apache-jmeter-2.6.zip
> 175932a8d35e91cea20f5f8039eae1b7 *apache-jmeter-2.6_src.tgz
> fa0f0dec9004a3d48c48e28183251831 *apache-jmeter-2.6_src.zip
>
> Site Docs are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.6RC2/docs/
>
> Maven staging repo is accessible here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejmeter-161/org/apache/jmeter/
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/tags/v2_6_RC2 (r1237316)
>
> Keys are here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/dist/
> also
> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/
>
> N.B.
> To download the dependencies: "ant download_jars"
>
> To create the jars and test JMeter: "ant package test".
>
> JMeter 2.6 requires Java 1.5 or later.
>
> Note that there is a bug in Java on some Linux systems that manifests
> itself as the following error when running the test cases or JMeter itself:
>
>   [java] WARNING: Couldn't flush user prefs:
>   java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException:
>   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not supported: indent-number
>
> This does not affect JMeter operation.
>

> All feedback (and votes!) welcome.
>
> [+1] +1  I support this release
> [  ] +0  I am OK with this release
> [  ] -0   OK, but....
> [  ] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)

+1 for release.

Please check the following details. Though I could not find a real
problem, I'm not totally sure, that there is no problematic observation.
It is the first JMeter release I checked a bit more thoroughly. Thanks
for RM!

Details:

- MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- key in KEYS file
- AFAIK the key is not in the web of trust. It would be good
   if we found a way to sign your key.
- gz and zip for src and bin consistent
- src consistent with svn tag, except for the following points:

Only in gz/bin/testfiles: Sample_Chart.png
Only in gz/bin/testfiles: Sample_Line_Graph.png
Only in svn: doap_JMeter.rdf
Only in svn: docs
Only in svn/lib: api
Only in svn/lib: doc
Only in svn/lib: ext
Only in svn/lib: junit
Only in svn: rat-excludes.txt
Only in svn: STATUS

- extras/proxycert.sh in bin distributable not executable
- *.sh files in svn and src distribution not executable
- bin/jmeter and bin/jmeter-.server files in src distribution not
executable (but they are in svn)
- xdocs/download_jmeter.cgi file in src distribution not executable (but
it is in svn)

- builds fine

But: I had to set -Ddisable-check-versions=true to build from the src
tgz. Setting -Ddisable-svnCheck=true was not sufficient, it demanded for
svn.revision and setting that seemed to change the version numbers.

- build result looks consistent with distribution, except for
   - timestamps in generated javadoc
   - binary jar files
   - Yen sign in line 3348 of file printable_docs/usermanual/functions.html

- one Javadoc warning:

src/jorphan/org/apache/jorphan/test/UnitTestManager.java:31: warning -
Tag @see: reference not found: org.apache.jorphan.test.AllTests

- ran the tests (but only with java.awt.headless)

- I have not checked the staging repository.

Build and tests were done using Java 1.5.0_22, OS was Solaris 10 Sparc,

Regards,

Rainer