jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release time ?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 16:27:16 GMT
On 4 December 2011 16:09, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
> On 01.12.2011 22:57, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
>>
>> Hello Sebb,
>> Don't you think we could make a release ?
>>
>> Lots of important fixes have been made and 2 months have passed since last
>> release.
>

> First of all congrats to the huge progress you are making.
>
> What about BZ52189: "JMeter 2.5.1 slower than 2.4 for HTTP POST requests"
>
> Is that problem reproducible and really in the range described in the first
> comment, or was that due to comparing different http samplers?

Not sure; I've not been able to reproduce it yet, and the data so far
does not give much clue as to what is happening.

> A drop in throughput from 130 to 80 just because of a newer version would be
> pretty serious IMHO. Unfortunately I didn't yet have the cycles to try it
> myself, but wanted to provide a heads up.

Agreed; however if the problem is difficult to solve I see no harm in
releasing another version so long as it is no worse than 2.5.1, and so
long as the problem is eventually resolved.