jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug 46921 - Add Ability to Change Controller elements
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 23:58:14 GMT
On 7 December 2011 20:41, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Sebb,
> I used this new feature and there is something strange in the label to
> change, why is it called Change Parent ? and not change ?
> Because when I use it, it changes current controller type.

I copied some of the Insert Parent code, and perhaps did not think too
carefully about how it would look in comparison with Insert Parent.

Insert Parent is applied to a child, whereas Change Parent is applied
to a parent.

The original Buzilla issue wanted to be able to change any element,
but that did not really make sense for anything but controllers.

Perhaps it should be renamed as "Change Controller".