jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about StandardJMeterEngine#engine
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:17:29 GMT
On 30 November 2011 21:57, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for answers, see below
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 30 November 2011 20:57, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > Do you see any reason for engine field being static ?
>>
>> As per the comments:
>>
>>    // Allow engine and threads to be stopped from outside a thread
>>    // e.g. from beanshell server
>>    // Assumes that there is only one instance of the engine
>>    // at any one time so it is not guaranteed to work ...
>>
>> >   - All static methods that use it are not called anywhere
>>
>> BeanShell scripts use introspection to get access.
>>
> Where can I find current users of this ? (to see if I can change it )

Impossible to find all existing uses.
Anyone can write a script that uses any public method.
Any change in binary compatibility can potentially cause a script to fail.

However, check the documentation and sample scripts.
That will give an idea as to what users might reasonably expect to be
able to use.