jena-users mailing list archives

From Marco Neumann <marco.neum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GenericRuleReasoner] inner workings
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 10:03:44 GMT
Thank you for the attempt to further clarify Adrians "contribution"
here Lorenz. I did send a reply unintentionally directly to Adrian
yesterday omitting the list.

So here I go again:

Thank You Adrian,

I was thinking more along the lines of an updated version of a list
for Jena like

https://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/List_of_Rule_Systems

or

https://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Category:Rule_Reasoner

over the years they seem to have constantly ignored you and IBL in the
reports. wonder why ... is it a hosted system only?

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 8:39 AM Lorenz B.
<buehmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> I don't see how this link to some code example to some whatever online
> service answers his question...can you explain this please a bit more?
>
> I mean, if I understood correctly, Marco was asking for some rule engine
> that can be combined with Apache Jena. So, I'd expect something like
> Drools engine with a Jena adapter or the like. And ideally I guess a
> standalone, open source, free to use tool.
>
> I read through your research paper but couldn't figure out what the
> underlying rule engine is based on nor could I see any benchmarks w.r.t.
> performance.
> Moreover, the code just indicates to use some online service - so a user
> has to register and, as far as I can see, has to pay US $100 per month.
> And you need the data as SQL database? Or can it process RDF directly?
>
> Sorry for my questions, it's just because I've never heard about this
> tool before. And I'm a bit confused how it works on RDF data.
>

> > Marco,
> >
> > This might be of interest:
> >
> >                            www.executable-english.com/iblClient1.java
> >
> > HTH,   -- Adrian
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 3:18 PM Marco Neumann <marco.neumann@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> so what's your current recommendation for a superior third party rules
> >> reasoner that works efficiently with the jena tooling? free & commercial
> >> option welcome
> >>
> >> Marco

> >> https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/2078/96964ee85f983cd861a4f8c5dff0bfc9f03e.pdf
> >>>

> >> https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/6c6d/26e8fe1b755140ffcb57025b021a046b2a3b.pdf