jena-users mailing list archives

From Chris Tomlinson <chris.j.tomlin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Text Index build with empty fields
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 20:41:55 GMT
Hi Sorin,

1) I suggest trying to simplify the entity map. I assume there’s data for each of the properties
other than skos:altLabel in the entity map:

>          [ text:field "gndtype";
>            text:predicate skos:altLabel
>          ]
>          [ text:field "oldgndid";
>            text:predicate gndo:oldAuthorityNumber
>          ]
>          [ text:field "prefName";
>            text:predicate gndo:preferredNameForTheSubjectHeading
>          ]
>          [ text:field "varName";
>            text:predicate gndo:variantNameForTheSubjectHeading
>          ]
>          [ text:field "prefName";
>            text:predicate gndo:preferredNameForThePlaceOrGeographicName
>          ]
>          [ text:field "varName";
>            text:predicate gndo:variantNameForThePlaceOrGeographicName
>          ]
>          [ text:field "prefName";
>            text:predicate gndo:preferredNameForTheWork
>          ]
>          [ text:field "varName";
>            text:predicate gndo:variantNameForTheWork
>          ]
>          [ text:field "prefName";
>            text:predicate gndo:preferredNameForTheConferenceOrEvent
>          ]
>          [ text:field "varName";
>            text:predicate gndo:variantNameForTheConferenceOrEvent
>          ]
>          [ text:field "prefName";
>            text:predicate gndo:preferredNameForTheCorporateBody
>          ]
>          [ text:field "varName";
>            text:predicate gndo:variantNameForTheCorporateBody
>          ]
>          [ text:field "prefName";
>            text:predicate gndo:preferredNameForThePerson
>          ]
>          [ text:field "varName";
>            text:predicate gndo:variantNameForThePerson
>          ]
>          [ text:field "prefName";
>            text:predicate gndo:preferredNameForTheFamily
>          ]
>          [ text:field "varName";
>            text:predicate gndo:variantNameForTheFamily
>          ]

2) You might try a TextIndexLucene

3) Adding the line log4j.logger.org.apache.jena.query.text.es=DEBUG should work. I see no
problem with it.

Sorry to be of little help,
Chris

> On Feb 28, 2019, at 8:53 AM, Sorin Gheorghiu <sorin.gheorghiu@uni-konstanz.de>
wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> Thank you for answering, I reply you directly because users@jena doesn't accept messages
larger than 1Mb.

> The previous text index successful attempt we did was with 3.8.0, not 3.9.0, sorry for
the misinformation.
> Attached is the assembler file for 3.10.0 as requested, as well as the packet capture
file to see that only the 'gndtype' field has data.
> I tried to enable the debug logs in log4j.properties with log4j.logger.org.apache.jena.query.text.es=DEBUG
but no output in the log file.

> Regards,
> Sorin
>
> Am 27.02.2019 um 20:01 schrieb Chris Tomlinson:
>> Hi Sorin,
>>
>> Please provide the assembler file for Elasticsearch that has the problematic entity
map definitions.

>> There haven’t been any changes in over a year to textindexer since well before
3.9. I don’t see any relevant changes to the handling of entity maps either so I can’t
begin to pursue the issue further w/o perhaps seeing your current assembler file.

>> I don't have any experience with Elasticsearch or with using jena-text-es beyond
a simple change to TextIndexES.java to change org.elasticsearch.common.transport.InetSocketTransportAddress
to org.elasticsearch.common.transport.TransportAddress as part of the upgrade to Lucene 7.4.0
and Elasticsearch 6.4.2.

<mailto:sorin.gheorghiu@uni-konstanz.de> wrote:

>>> Correction: only the *latest field *from the /text:map/ list contains a value.
>>>
>>> To reformulate:
>>>
>>> * if there are 3 fields in /text:map/, then during indexing the first
>>>   two are empty (let's name them 'text1' and 'text2') and the latest
>>>   field contains data (let's name it 'text3')
>>> * if on the next attempt the field 'text3' is commented out, then
>>>   'text1' is empty and 'text2' contains data

for an external full-text search engine (Elasticsearch of course) and having multiple fields
with different names in /text:map/, just *one field is indexed* (more precisely one field
contains data, the others are empty). It doesn't look to be an issue with Elasticsearch, in
the logs generated during the indexing the fields are already missing the values, but one.
The same setup worked in Jena 3.9. Changing the Java version from 8 to 9 or 11 didn't change
anything.