jena-users mailing list archives

From Frank Budinsky <>
Subject vocabulary class pattern
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 15:42:52 GMT

I noticed that there are two different patterns being used for classes in
the jena.vocabulary package.

Class RDF, for example, creates the Property and Resource objects using
ResourceFactory static methods:

    ResourceFactory.createResource( uri + local );
    ResourceFactory.createProperty( uri, local );

Class DCTerms, on the other hand, creates a default model and uses it to
create them. For example:

    m_model.createProperty( "" );

Is there a reason why these classes do it differently, and if so, is one
pattern better than the other if I want to create a similar class for my
own model?