jena-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject TDB in a unit test -- or -- when is a close not a close?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 02:47:18 GMT
We can't get a unit test on Windows to delete a temporary TDB.

Now, on the one hand, I saw some code that suggests that with the
right assembly descriptor I could have a completely in-memory TDB and
avoid this.

But, on the other hand, I would think that with a System.gc() and a
sleep, we could do this, in spite of Java's annoying lazyiness about
closing the backing files of memory mapped files.

How confident are you that all the channels and streams get closed?