jena-users mailing list archives

From "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Lewis.McGibb...@gcu.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Fatal Ontology {E301} - Content not allowed in Prolog
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:40:25 GMT
Hi Damian,

Sorry to pick your brains on this one, but can you please explain the reasoning behind the
requirement for RDF syntax instead of any of the other alternatives. The reason I am asking
is that I am trying to relate to how Jena reads my ontology files, if whatever parsing mechanism
cannot read my OWL files then I will need to find an alternative method for ontology construction
in the future, as constant conversion is not an efficient method.

Regards

Lewis

-----Original Message-----
From: Damian Steer [mailto:d.steer@bristol.ac.uk]
Sent: 03 February 2011 15:59
To: jena-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Fatal Ontology {E301} - Content not allowed in Prolog

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and
Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the
Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html