jena-users mailing list archives

From "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Lewis.McGibb...@gcu.ac.uk>
Subject Will Joseki solve my problem?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:33:16 GMT
Hello List,

I have completed a couple of ontology's which I now wish to use within my web app. I recently
changed the Ontology URI (as I have just hosted it on the web) but notice that this does not
affect individual entity URIs. An example would be

new Ontology URI = http://content.screencast.com/users/WOMBRA/folders/Default/media/aaa65222-c463-46e5-baf5-61068b974b0b/section6energydomestic2010.owl

however every entity URI still exists inside the OWL file as follows

http://www.oldOntologyUri#entity<http://www.oldontologyuri/#entity>

The easy answer would be to manually update every entity URI and replace it with the new absolute
URI, however the problem I have is that I do not know the absolute URI until I upload the
edited document E.g. absolute route to the URI is unknown to me prior to it being uploaded.
My thinking is that I will need to begin storing my ontology's in a server such as Joseki
and that by doing this the URI for any ontology may remain the same even after it has been
edited.

Can anyone confirm if this the case?

Thanks

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education's Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald
Society's Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education's Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year
2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html