jena-users mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <andy.seabo...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: Problems with SBD tests
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:20:56 GMT

On 10/02/11 20:08, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
> No, not a complete solution.  The Slice 3 test uses OFFSET without LIMIT.
> That is not valid syntax for MySQL, and it is not accepted by DB2 with
> MySQL compatibility turned on.
>
> Also, the Slice 1 test now fails in a new way; following is an excerpt
> from a typescript of running with -v --log=all.   What does this "Null
> bridge" complaint mean?
>
>   INFO [main] (SDBConnection.java:338) - execQuery
>
> SELECT R_1.lex AS V_1_lex, R_1.datatype AS V_1_datatype, R_1.lang AS
> V_1_lang, R_1.type AS V_1_type, R_1.lex AS V_2_lex, R_1.datatype AS
> V_2_datatype, R_1.lang AS V_2_lang, R_1.type AS V_2_type
> FROM
>      Triples AS T_1
>    LEFT OUTER JOIN
>      Nodes AS R_1
>    ON ( T_1.p = R_1.hash )
> LIMIT 3
>

> ERROR [main] (SDB_QC.java:64) - Null bridge
>
> When was the last time anyone used SDB?  Does it actually work with
> anything?

Mike - sorry your having probelms. DB2 support was a user contribution.
  In a previous employment, I had access to a DB2 express installation
for testing.  I'm afraid that we don't have access to all the databases
these days and so rely on the RC cycle for some setups.

The class GenerateSQLDB2 is the DB2 specific adapter which creates the
writer for Db2 specific syntax - that's GeneratorVisitorDB2.

Syntax is written by overrideable  method
genLimitOffset(SqlSelectBlock).  If you can submit a patch for what
should be done for DB2, we can include in the next release.

Less ideally, this can be turned off

SDBRequest.compile sets up the per-store type configuration.  This can
turn off limit/offset generation in SQL.

	Andy