jena-users mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <andy.seabo...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: That NPE of mine that Andy fixed
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:17:00 GMT

On 02/02/11 19:02, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Andy,
>
> I've become convinced that I should really have optionals rather than
> unions in the query in question (or duplicate some of the first clause
> into the two others). Can you shed any light on why it went 'splat'
> and if there's a way around it?
>
> -benson

The optimizer was messing up on nested IN expressions.

In several different ways.

Using the SNAPSHOTs should fix it - your example query ran quickly with
the test data.

http://openjena.org/repo-dev/com/hp/hpl/jena/

then look in arq/2.8.8-SNAPSHOT/arq-2.8.8-.....zip
and
tdb/0.8.10-SNAPSHOT/tdb-0.8.10-.....zip

or with maven:

   <repositories>
     <repository>
       <id>repo-jena</id>
       <name>Jena Maven - Repository</name>
       <layout>default</layout>
       <url>http://openjena.org/repo</url>
       <snapshots>
         <enabled>false</enabled>
       </snapshots>
     </repository>

     <repository>
       <id>repo-jena-dev</id>
       <name>Jena Maven - Development Repository</name>
       <layout>default</layout>
       <url>http://openjena.org/repo-dev</url>
       <snapshots>
         <enabled>true</enabled>