jena-users mailing list archives

From Ian Dickinson <i.j.dickin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More N3 round trip trouble
Date Sun, 26 Dec 2010 11:15:18 GMT
Hi Benson,

On 25/12/10 02:31, Benson Margulies wrote:
> What follows is an entire N3 doc, which, when read, complains:
>
> com.hp.hpl.jena.n3.turtle.TurtleParseException: Line 15, column 7:
On line 15, at column 7, you have

> =
an equals character, which means

> (owl:sameAs) not legal in Turtle
owl:sameAs in N3, but which is not legal syntax in Turtle.

If this is a document you are getting from elsewhere, and which can't
be fixed, you should use the old N3 parser, not the RIOT Turtle parser
(unless there's a mode switch somewhere to allow N3 compatibility in
RIOT; as far as I know, there's not). If this is a document you're
generating yourself, don't use the = syntax. Instead, use:

<urn:jug:test-doc#3>
      a       rex:Person ;
      rex:hasEntityDetectionSource
              "statistical" ;
      rex:hasNormalizedText
              "Mark Twain" ;
      rex:hasOriginalText "Mark Twain" ;
      owl:sameAs <urn:jug:test-doc#4> .

Ian

Ian Dickinson                   Epimorphics Ltd, Bristol, UK
mailto:ian@epimorphics.com        http://www.epimorphics.com
cell: +44-7786-850536              landline: +44-1275-399069
Epimorphics Ltd.  is a limited company registered in England
(no. 7016688). Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High St,
              Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK