jena-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I think I've got some pretty basic confusion with reading into models
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 17:57:42 GMT
Dave,

Permit me to take this up one more conceptual level.

So, here at Basis we have a named entity extractor, plus we have been
dabbling in JAPE rules to build some relationship extraction, and we
have a coref system coming on line.

We want to represent the output of these things in RDF, and then do
'interesting' queries in the RDF we come up with, and we eventually
want to extend to querying dbpedia.

I read a few books and tutorials and concluded that it made sense to
work OWL-ishly instead of with naked RDF. I flirted with Proton, but
decided for now to use my own little ontology.

The flow is that one process does all this NLP and derives RDF/OWL,
one graph per source. The second process takes these graphs and wants
to stuff them into a store. And the third will do queries and
visualization. On another thread I'm borrowing Andy's neurons on the
subject of choosing a tuple store.

After reading your messages, my thought is that I need to add the
import into 'process 1', I don't really need any model in 'process 2'
if I'm just pushing RDF/XML from here to there, and that in process 3
the big question is to pick a store.

Can you give me a pointer to read up to conform to OWL/DL, which from
your email seems like it's what I'm stumbling toward doing?

Or do you care to give me a shove in some other direction altogether?

thanks,
benson