jena-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating and working with RDF where I have an ontology
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:57:52 GMT
This is a better-explained variation on a question I sent our earlier today.

I built an ontology with Protege that defines some classes.

I pushed the ontology into Jena schemagen to get some symbolic names
for my URIs.

I create an ontology model,

            model = ModelFactory.createOntologyModel();

Note the last of any base uri that names my ontology.

and then I make calls like:

            entityRef = model.createIndividual(entityUri, oclass);
            entityRef.addLiteral(Rex.hasEntityDetectionSource, source);
            entityRef.addLiteral(Rex.hasNormalizedText, normalizedText);
            entityRef.addLiteral(Rex.hasOriginalText, rawText);

I write this out

    ops.getModel().write(baos, "RDF/XML-ABBREV");

Now I want to read it in and look at it. All variations on
OntModel.read() that I've tried result in a model with no individuals.

I can think of a number of ways in which the above might be defective,
but I suspect that the readers of this list will have a brief ROTFL
moment and tell me what very basic thing I've misunderstood.