jena-users mailing list archives

From Ian Dickinson <i.j.dickin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hoping for smaller turtle(s)
Date Sun, 26 Dec 2010 18:06:49 GMT
On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sure I'm missing something basic here as usual. Notice that I'm
> getting the full URI in spite of having defined a prefix. What's
> special about my URI that defeats the prefix factoring?
>
> @prefix blob:    <uri:jug:001f469cc17412da1ce53fa1f9b67481#> .
> @prefix rdfs:    <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
> @prefix rex:     <http://www.basistech.com/ontologies/2010/6/rex.owl#> .
> @prefix xsd:     <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .
> @prefix owl:     <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .
> @prefix rdf:     <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
>
> <uri:jug:001f469cc17412da1ce53fa1f9b67481#12>
>      a       rex:Organization ;
>      rex:hasEntityDetectionSource
>              "statistical" ;
>      rex:hasNormalizedText
>              "Taliban" ;
>      rex:hasOriginalText "Taliban" .

Andy knows the Turtle grammar better than I do, but at a guess the
problem isn't the prefix it's the local name part:

blob:12

probably won't parse as you expect because 12 will be recognised by
the lexical analyser as a number, not as part of a URI. I would hazard
that:

<uri:jug:001f469cc17412da1ce53fa1f9b67481#node12>

would give you the kind of output you expect, but I haven't tried it
and could easily be wrong.

Ian