jena-users mailing list archives

From "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Lewis.McGibb...@gcu.ac.uk>
Subject HTTP Status 500 - server interal error
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:09:20 GMT
Hello List,

I am currently using an ontology plugin within the Apache Nutch project. As part of its working
the plugin uses Jena to enhance search results. When attempting to use the plugin I expeirenced
the above Status 500 problem. I attach the exception which was caught within one of the JSP
files used within the plugin.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /./refine-query-init.jsp
at line 34

31:   try {
32:     Configuration nutchConf = NutchConfiguration.get(application);
33:     String urls = nutchConf.get("extension.ontology.urls");
34:     ontology = new org.apache.nutch.ontology.OntologyFactory(nutchConf).getOntology();
35:     if (urls==null || urls.trim().equals("")) {
36:       // ignored siliently
37:     } else {

Stacktrace:
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:401)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

Having undertaken some reading on this plugin, I understand that this problem might stem from
Tomcat

and Jena using conflicting versions of the same Xerces library. My question is what version
of the Xerces library

does Jena currently use?

Hopefully if I can update my Xerces verson within Tomcat I can resolve this issue.

Thank you

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education's Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald
Society's Education Initiative of the Year 2009