jena-users mailing list archives

From Damian Steer <d.st...@bristol.ac.uk>
Subject Re: SPARQL: Using Joseki with a dynamic Jena Dataset
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:06:06 GMT

On 20 Dec 2010, at 19:06, Frank Budinsky wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Frank,

> I'm new to Jena and especially Joseki and was hoping to get a couple of
> pointers. I have a Dataset, currently stored in TDB, which I'm populating
> from (and continually keeping synchronized) with RDF data coming from a
> number of contributing datasources.
>
> I would like to expose this Dataset as a SPARQL endpoint using Joseki, but
> am not sure how would be the best way to do it. Can Joseki be configured to
> expose this Dataset, or do I need to write some Java code to integrate it?

Yes, joseki can expose this dataset. It includes sample configurations for TDB stores.

> I'm specifically wondering about the locking and performance issues, given
> that I have writer threads running in parallel with Joseki, keeping the
> Dataset synchronized with the input sources.

The trickiest bit here is how you update the store. You can't  write to the same TDB store
from different processes.

Your simplest option it to update via Joseki using SPARQL update over http. Joseki will handle
the synchronisation etc.

You might also be interested in Fuseki, which is simpler to configure and implements SPARQL
1.1 update. Currently in active development, but certainly well worth trying.

> Any thoughts or advice on how I should do this, would be very welcome.

Hope this helps,

Damian