jena-users mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <andy.seabo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hoping for smaller turtle(s)
Date Sun, 26 Dec 2010 20:04:32 GMT

On 26/12/10 19:17, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Meanwhile, did you see my message about FastInfoset? Hypothetically,
> XML+FastInfoset might prove convenient this "I need to move a lot of
> RDF around."

Could do - interesting experiment to do.  Adding new readers/writers is
possible (but tricky currently - work-in-progress).

The fastest and most scalable way to deal with RDF is usually to print
and load as N-triples. Compressed N-Triples is typically x8.

The pretty printing Turtle is slow because it has to analysis the model
for structures and track all statements written.  N-triples just raw
writes the DB.  It does not scale to very large models.

XML has proven costly to parse - N-triples is really close to just byte
shifting.

TDB loads fastest from .nt or .nt.gz (or .nq and .nq.gz).

	Andy