jena-users mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <andy.seabo...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 500 - server interal error
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 19:50:07 GMT
Hi Lewis,

 > My question is what version of the Xerces library
 >
 > does Jena currently use?

Jena has shipped with version 2.7.1 for the last few releases.

The lib/ directory in the Jena distribution you're using should have the
jar so you can check the version there.

	Andy

On 18/12/10 16:09, McGibbney, Lewis John wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am currently using an ontology plugin within the Apache Nutch project. As part of its
working the plugin uses Jena to enhance search results. When attempting to use the plugin
I expeirenced the above Status 500 problem. I attach the exception which was caught within
one of the JSP files used within the plugin.

> exception
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /./refine-query-init.jsp
at line 34

> 31:   try {
> 32:     Configuration nutchConf = NutchConfiguration.get(application);
> 33:     String urls = nutchConf.get("extension.ontology.urls");
> 34:     ontology = new org.apache.nutch.ontology.OntologyFactory(nutchConf).getOntology();
> 35:     if (urls==null || urls.trim().equals("")) {
> 36:       // ignored siliently
> 37:     } else {
>

> Stacktrace:
>          org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)
>          org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:401)
>          org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
>          org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
>          javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>

> Having undertaken some reading on this plugin, I understand that this problem might stem
from Tomcat

> and Jena using conflicting versions of the same Xerces library. My question is what version
of the Xerces library

> does Jena currently use?
>
> Hopefully if I can update my Xerces verson within Tomcat I can resolve this issue.
>
> Thank you
>
> Lewis
>
> Glasgow Caledonian University is a registered Scottish charity, number SC021474
>
> Winner: Times Higher Education's Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and
Herald Society's Education Initiative of the Year 2009