jena-users mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <andy.seabo...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: Getting rid of a named TDB model
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:44:41 GMT

On 10/12/10 13:40, Benson Margulies wrote:
> I'm not seeing a way to get rid of one. Am I missing something?

Delete all the statements from the model.  Model.removeAll.

Named graphs are kept as quads (G,S,P,O) and the default model as
triples (S,P,O).  There is no separate graph management. A graph exists
if it has triples.

You can get the DatasetGraph from the Dataset - that has operations like
removeGraph (working at the SPI level of Graph/Triple/Node) but all it
does for TDB is remove all the statements.

The Dataset interface is the immutable view of the dataset as default
graph and named graphs - probably we (= I) should merge Dataset and
DataSource (the mutable view) concepts and push that back through the code.

	Andy