jena-users mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <andy.seabo...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: Mulgara: dessert topping or floor wax?
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 17:45:07 GMT

On 09/12/10 17:24, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We did an evaluation of tuple stores and developed a tentative
> fondness for Mulgara. Due to issues with the baroque way in which it
> is packaged, I'm having doubts. So I thought it was a good time to ask
> you all what you think. The goal here is to store and query a lot of
> tuples organized as a lot of graphs.
>
> --benson

(Obviously I'm biased :-)

There is a new Jena-based database/server that is trying to be easier to
use.

Fuseki

http://openjena.org/wiki/Fuseki

It comes packaged with TDB for the database (SDB is also possible).

It is SPARQL 1.1 -- query, update and HTTP update.  There are some
command line scripts to drive it and some web pages as well.  If you are
bulk load TDB offline.

It support RDF datasets so it has many-graph support.

Download the zip file: fuseki-0.1.0-VER.zip

from
http://openjena.org/repo-dev/org/openjena/fuseki/

Do note that its very new and although it reuses a lot of mature code
from Joseki, I can't guarantee it's as stable.

It would be helpful to know what you liked about Mulgara.  Its good to
learn what makes for ease-of-use.

	Andy