jena-users mailing list archives

From Chris Dollin <chris.dol...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: A time delay in ModelFactory.createDefaultModel() ?
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:11:19 GMT
On Wednesday, December 22, 2010 09:47:43 am Damien Cram wrote:

> I can't figure out why the creation of a model (Model model =
> ModelFactory.createDefaultModel()) takes some time (around half a second)
> when it is executed for the first time. From the second time on, it is
> almost instantaneous, as expected.

I expect its loading the classes required.

> Is there any way to create an empty model faster ?

You'll have to pay the class-loading price at /some/ time.

Maybe caching the classes on a RAM disc?

Is that half-second a real problem?

Chris

--
"The process will be long and ... unreliable."                 Box, /Star Cops/

Epimorphics Ltd, http://www.epimorphics.com
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT
Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)