jena-users mailing list archives

From Chris Dollin <chris.dol...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: symmetry of class-equivalence relation in OWL
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:30:37 GMT
On Tuesday, December 21, 2010 06:21:21 am Sean Champ wrote:
> Hi folks, just a question:
>
> Given an OWL class A, with A denoted as (the subject) having an equivalent
> class B: I've seen that Jena will return B within the return value of
> A.listEquivalentClasses(). However - in my experience with using Jena 2.6.3
> - the return value of B.listEquivalentClasses() will not contain A, in that
> same situation.

What reasoner are you using?

The different OntModelSpec's give you different reasoning power. The
/default/ reasoner for createOntologyModel only does RDFS reasoning,
which knows not owl:equivalentClass.

So show us how you create your model.

Chris

--
"Why do our plans never work?"                            Ka D'Argo, /Farscape/

Epimorphics Ltd, http://www.epimorphics.com
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT
Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)