jena-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thinking
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:28:08 GMT
On 09/01/12 16:20, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 09/01/12 11:53, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Can I suggest starting a JIRA issue for Jena3 and creating (or moving)
>> issues as subtasks under that. This will allow the team to look at how
>> realistic this is and thus decide whether it should be done before
>> graduation or not.
>
> Already on my list of things to do post-release: there's a few different
> JIRA to capture things discussed.
>
> My strong preference for super-JIRA is that "suggestion implies
> contribution" or they become idealistic but unachievable. I've seen
> systems "do a LISP" (the original LISP never got to 2.0) as I'm sure we
> all have.
>
> Andy
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LISP_2

I've raised 4 "brainstorming" JIRA to give some structure to discussions
but they aren't entirely independent dimensions and when it comes down
to actually "doing" they are likely to intertwine.

JENA-189 -- Jena 3 / technical

JENA-190 -- Jena delivery

JENA-191 -- Jena module structure and build

JENA-192 -- Jena java package renaming.

Please be realistic!

All separate from graduation.

	Andy