jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <aphill...@qrmedia.com>
Subject Re: More releases to encourage collaboration
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 15:04:05 GMT
> So, I'd reconsider our release cadence and release planning, and
> release jclouds as soon as someone asks for it and we have a minimum
> change set that makes sense.

Apart from major releases, I fully agree that we should be releasing on
an "as needed" basis, with a bias to releasing *more* rather than *less*
often. That used to be painful purely from a procedural perspective, but
with the great work you did on the script, that's hopefully no longer
the case.

 From my vague recollections, the idea of a release cadence for non-major
releases was also largely based on the anticipated overhead.

1.9.2 this or next week? ;-)

Regards

ap