jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject On setting jclouds guava floor back to 16.0.1
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:21:15 GMT
This change to support guava 17 * could have been avoided entirely
without impact to our codebase. I went through our repos and found
that it was only on account of a couple trivial things.

This changed cause some grief for users and limits portability.

http://apache.markmail.org/thread/g3k76fjnulppjdu5

It is not too late to correct. Here are the pull requests to revert.

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/588
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/pull/104
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-aws/pull/62

I noticed Andrew Phillips has started working on extracting guava
version so that CI can run against different versions. I suggest we
set floor to 16.0.1 and ceiling to latest.

-A
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-534