jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Package Naming
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:49:18 GMT
We should change the names at some point to conform with other Apache
projects.  Doing this sooner rather than later will reduce overall
frustration.  If we can reduce the user pain to some simple
command-line, e.g.,

    find -name pom.xml -o -name \*.java |
            xargs sed -i 's/org.jclouds/org.apache.jclouds/g'

we should rename the package names for 1.7.0, immediately before rc1.  I
also want to use an automated path for changing jclouds itself, since we
have so many source files and respositories.

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 07:45:33PM +0000, Everett Toews wrote:
> I'm not aware of any packages with apache in them yet. My take on it is to keep things
consistent and *not* name the package with apache.

> When (If?) we do the package renaming we should do it as a big bang renaming coinciding
with a major version change (2.0?). This is a huge backwards incompatibly and we should keep
things consistent for as long as possible for our users sanity sake.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/